Aussieplayers Imladris raiding forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OD Post Mortem. 10/6, 12/6

4 posters

Go down

OD Post Mortem. 10/6, 12/6 Empty OD Post Mortem. 10/6, 12/6

Post  Jtime Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 pm

So well done all. We now have our locks for all 4 OD wings! I thought i'd bring up some key points about the raid and the future raids we will have.

We our now getting ready to either move on to Ivar and Gortheron and Tier 2. So far the raid group has had okay preparation for raids but still requires full briefings from the leaders to actually be able to complete wings. once we arrive at tier 2 and the harder end of OD you will all need to start taking more responsibility in terms your own toons gearing and skill rotations, strategy and mechanics knowledge etc. OD tier 2 demands good players and good players will not rely on leaders to give them the knowledge they need to be carried across the line. It is pivotal that you all start getting stuck into the information the is available to you both in and outside of this forum. Ideally you will be bringing new information to the leaders rather than the other way around.

Primarily the only wings of notes were disease and poison. but i'll make short notes on all

Disease:

it will now be REQUIRED that we bring both disease POTS AND SALVES. We had several double diseases go off in the trash pulls on friday. It's important that everyone pitches in to stop those bugs spawning.

Poison:

• Trash pull 1: 1st pull was fine. just keep an eye on that poison removal Wink
  • Trash pull 2: while we did wipe on the first pull i'm still quite confident we can do it in the room as long as we fear trolls away when they are cc'd too close so they don't destroy our healers when they wake up!.
  • Frothmar: Guys it is imperative that you read the strat closely! but at the end of the day we will need to make some changes to group make up to make our strategy really click (namely 3 healers and 2 LoM cappies). With this it would basically be a free ticket to tier 2 challenge mode. We will however stick on tier one till we have the platform swapping in particular down to a higher standard.

Wound:

• Corruption removal and interrupts of wardens and renewers: guys this is so important and there were definitely heals going off here. Keep an eye on your raid assists so you can see when the waves are spawning to avoid this problem
  • Gathering up of adds: once the above has been completed it's important you bring the adds back immediately to the group. for two reasons: aoeing kills them faster and 2) if you stay on renewers where they spawn you will disrupt the kiting path and force the healers to follow the tank as he adjusts it. These are all inconveniences we should aim to avoid in tier 2.

Fear
  • Faster fear potting: On our first attempt this was lacking and again putting pressure on the healers. We shouldn't be getting to the point that every time we do fear this has to keep getting brought up.
  • don't face your fears: you know who you are! don't do it again please!

Anyways, while it may all seem a bit gloomy keep in mind all of this is made to help the group improve going forward, so try to look at it in a positive light rather than a negative one!

Jtime

Back to top Go down

OD Post Mortem. 10/6, 12/6 Empty Re: OD Post Mortem. 10/6, 12/6

Post  Deceneu Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:58 am

New movie ladies and gentlemen Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvh399Mi-Jk

Waiting feedback.

Tomorrow morning i'll upload the Wound Wing movie too.

PS: And yes I forgot to use a Tale again (sue me) Sad

Deceneu

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 am

I'd just like to point out... not one Warden got an interrupt off, kings of the clobber.... that is all Razz

On the subject of pots, I'm not sure this applies to the Disease wing but I did notice it on the fear trash.

I got like three fears almost right after one another. Used a pot on one, my skill on another but of course that still left one. At the time I got them, we had 2-3 of the mobs right in the group, so I went with a big aoe, followed by some more aoe in order to get soem damage out and help drop them all. What I'm wondering, is if that big hitting, either from a damage point of view or pulling aggro, ment I got targeted by the mobs and hence got a string of fears.

In other words, does one stick to single target no matter what (no aoe) and hence not draw the attention of multiple mobs at once or was it just dumb luck?

Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post  Deceneu Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Deceneu

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychobabble Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:31 am

Ant, this is just a case of knowing what the mobs do and using judgment. Most of the drakelings' damage is from an AOE frost aura, I don't think they do any fears at all. They're pretty weak and should be AOE-ed down as much and as quickly as possible.

The morroval, however, do an extremely damaging fear attack on their current aggro target and you should try very hard to never have more than one of these on you at once or else you'll get that nasty fear stacking on you faster than you can pot.

Psychobabble

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am

Psychobabble wrote:The morroval, however, do an extremely damaging fear attack on their current aggro target and you should try very hard to never have more than one of these on you at once or else you'll get that nasty fear stacking on you faster than you can pot.

Yeah, so that would have been it. My big aoe pulled two of them, at least for a bit and hence I got the 3 fear DoT's rather quickly. Yet one more case of no aoe, it's starting to be a long list.

Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychobabble Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 am

Anthony wrote:
Psychobabble wrote:The morroval, however, do an extremely damaging fear attack on their current aggro target and you should try very hard to never have more than one of these on you at once or else you'll get that nasty fear stacking on you faster than you can pot.

Yeah, so that would have been it. My big aoe pulled two of them, at least for a bit and hence I got the 3 fear DoT's rather quickly. Yet one more case of no aoe, it's starting to be a long list.
just wait till we get to gortheron Smile. That and wound wing, and a couple of parts of the poison and ivar trash, are really the only places where AOE is desirable in OD which is a bit unfortunate I agree.

Psychobabble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down