Aussieplayers Imladris raiding forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM boot camp

2 posters

Go down

FM boot camp Empty FM boot camp

Post  Psychobabble Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:19 am

OK, last night was a disaster as far as FMs go. Lag was clearly an issue, but I thought I'd post some basic information too. Next time, I propose we do some FM testing with the FM group on target dummies in Galtrev to practice some of the combinations in a controlled setting.

How to start FMs

The following classes have the ability to start FMs:
  • Burglars. Can start two on demand every 5 minutes with exploit opening and trip (which can be paired with a hips to use in-combat). Ready and able can be used every 30m (20m with a weapon legacy which SHOULD be used on a swap weapon) to reset the timer on each of these. Burgs can also use a bag of marbles consumable every 15min to start another FM. Exposed throat, which is a skill in the crit chain, also has a 20% chance of starting a FM. From what I can tell, a burg should be able to pop at least two FMs basically every body phase.
  • Guardians. Can use fray the edge every 10s to give an ever increasing chance of proccing an FM (chance is doubled with the final straw trait). Can also use the legendary skill to the king which procs a FM on a crit - this skill has a low cd but is on the parry response chain, which can only be manually started during the body phase. Turn the tables also can proc FMs but isn't much use in the draigoch fight.
  • Captains. when traited at least 2 deep in the yellow line, kick has a 10% chance of starting a FM. The main weapon legacy kick cooldown should be used to reduce its CD from 1min to 30s.
  • Lore-masters. The bog-guardian has a skill which has a 20% chance of starting a FM with a 1min CD. The CD of the skill is reset when the pet is resummoned, which can be done once every 5 minutes by using a cooldown skill.

As far as I can tell, the hunter tripwires require a mob to move into them, which means they're unusable on Draigoch.

So basically only burglars can start a FM on demand, but many other classes can help out.

You can't start a FM if the mob is FM immune - FM boot camp Conj_Immunity.

I'm not sure if we actually had any issues with FM starters resisting, but if that does prove to be a problem then stacking finesse is the way to get around that.

How to execute FMs quickly

I'm not sure if everyone knows, but you can bind each of the FM positions to a hotkey. I highly recommend binding the four arrow keys to the four corresponding colours on the FM display.

The job of the FM group is to execute FMs. DPS is relatively unimportant compared to the FMs. So don't pay attention to anything else, you should be sitting there, with your finger on your hotkey, waiting for a FM to proc. You should also obviously be doing everything you can to proc FMs - using the right legacies (on LIs specifically made for this fight if needed), hitting cooldown skills to get your FM starters available and not wasting cooldowns when the mob is FM immune.

If there is a solid block of the same colour then you don't need to stick precicely to the assigned number order. So with YYYYYR for example, #1-5 should all hit yellow as soon as the FM pops up.

Psychobabble

Back to top Go down

FM boot camp Empty Re: FM boot camp

Post  Anthony Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:49 am

Psychobabble wrote:I'm not sure if everyone knows, but you can bind each of the FM positions to a hotkey. I highly recommend binding the four arrow keys to the four corresponding colours on the FM display.

As soon as the FM is up, you can also click and hold your mouse over the FM colour and as soon as it's your turn/position, lift your finger and the FM is done. Most likely Cath had his end colour already on hold, just waiting for the first 5 to be hit.

Anthony

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum