Aussieplayers Imladris raiding forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle)

+5
Ciramorn
boomer9259
PianoTunaPasta
Anthony
Psychobabble
9 posters

Go down

Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle) Empty Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle)

Post  Psychobabble Tue May 17, 2011 1:50 am

The pic says it all Smile
Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle) Screen10

So i won't pretend that was super clean, but that was possibly the most pleasing raid we've done so far. Everyone was on time - I was 15m earlier than the posted time and you were all waiting for me to start! - the strategy was executed almost perfectly and we cleared the wing on the first genuine attempt at it (first time we had PtP lose connection and one small positioning slipup in the channels).

I don't know how many, if any, of you were in all of my first three attempts at pugging it. I know some of you were in some of them, but it was sooo ugly. Over three nights and probably five hours in there, the groups we were wirth wiped probably somewhere between 30 and 40 times, I lost count. And every one of those wipes except about three were in the channels! We only actually saw the end room a small handful of times and each of those times we were down on numbers and just died quickly. My experience in those nights was actually the impetus for getting this forum together to get things more organised, and last night really validated the effort we've put in over the last few months.

As I said, it wasn't completely clean. We need to clarify our strat a bit, work out assignments for clearing corruptions/interrupting the dangerous adds, work out how to pick up the far-spawning straggler adds better, figure out a cleaner tank kiting pathway (that stays in healing range) and pot our stun "eye" wounds better (still saw a few go off), but a win's a win and that was a good one. All in all, if the problem last Fri was having too high expectations, the issue last night was that we didn't set expectations high enough - if I'd have known it was going to be that quick, we would have prepared to go into the fear wing!

As for the watcher... snore Smile. That was a very nice and quick clear, with no explanation necessary because we'd all been in before, exactly why I wanted to get it out of the way a cpl of weeks ago. Hopefully some of us can start getting our full moria sets over the coming weeks, there's quite a few people who would like them I know and also there's still a few nice jewelery pieces which can drop.

And the turtle was also extremely promising not becuase killing it's any sort of achievement, but because next week when we hit the fear wing (BALROG!!!!) we need to execute a tank swap within a defined 10s window, and the tank swap between Athel and Ear last night was INSTANT. nice work. We'll use the same strategy for the balrog (athel main tanking, ear picking it up in the debuff window, which will be outlined in a strat thread), all we need to do is have a backup plan for when/if the guard's "engage" resists.

Psychobabble

Back to top Go down

Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle) Empty Re: Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle)

Post  Anthony Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 am

Yup, all in all that went rather well and really pretty much how it should have gone, so here's looking forward to clearing both of those wings on T1, this coming Friday without any wipes... maybe.

I do remember 'our' first go at the wound wing, don't think I was there for all of it, but it sure wasn't pretty, got to the main room only about once. So it's fair to say, we have come a long way in a fairly short time.

A couple of points i'd like to clear up about the wound wing, since I was mostly hearing the 'move back to position'.

First time, I was trying to go around to the side, after just getting in the main room, in order to get into range of Ear, to transfer aggro. I was beating up on that mammoth for 20k+ of health, along with pulling it off Dec in the small room. So I really wanted to make it easier for Ear to pick up, and my transfer skill is only 15m range, hence out on the side.
So, question, should I do that again or stay back, behind the 'light' group and hope like hell Ear can grab it before it steps all over the 'light' group trying to get to me.

Second thing, when the adds are up and the main one that was right near the gate was down, at times smaller adds where around the 'light' group. So being malee and AOE, I moved up to help take them out. I know at one stage, one was on a healer and Babble was fooling around with another. Of course I was then hearing to move back and they would be pulled towards the gate. But unless your pull multiples at the same time, then by the time they are pulled back, I was up there, killing. And even if they do start to move back, all but one of my AOE's are 360, so I'd hit them anyway. For the most part they never made it back the the 'heavy' group, since with some ranged help, they were dead.

So, just to be clear, if adds are anywhere but right near the 'heavy' group, I just stand there and do mostly nothing, waiting to see if they get pulled back into range or do I go after them?

On the subject of interupts, I did see the inductions on the Wardens (that was those right near the gate with the big red shields spinning around, wasn't it). I just no idea if I ever got it clobbered in time. I don't recall seeing an interupt message (maybe someone else got in before me) or it was/is a rather quick induction and between selecting target, getting in range, having a pip and hitting clobber, I just wasn't fast enough. Even so, something I want to take a much better look at, since I assume it's going to all matter much more at T2.

Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle) Empty Re: Post mortem: OD wound wing T1 16/5 (+watcher/turtle)

Post  PianoTunaPasta Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 am

Once again sorry about the disconnection everyone, but what a satisfying clear that was when we got back to it.

I noticed you were moving up from the stack and understand why. I appreciate your initiative in these raids so far, and noticed that you take care of your part and have a good ability to take the initiative and do something you know you should be doing (def makes my job as rat much easier). However as with our leadership and strategies its all a work in progress and we are essentially formulating strategies and then finding out if it works atm, so bear with us on some of our strategies.

Ant, thanks for bringing up the issues about the stacks. I understand that it was frustrating to have burnt down the warden so quick and still see some adds by the light group. Ideally we should have a champ take this role and possible have cappy remove corruption on the renewer. There is a good reason for us balling up though as we are practicing for T2. Lemme explain. those acid pools will be bruttle in T2 and movement and positioning will become ever more important as these pools drop. Unfortunately i didnt get enough practice with this as people were peeling off and moving around anyway as well as we forgot to transfer the sun target off vas onto me after i reconnected. Also mammoths will charge at people (scripted breaks) in T2, essentially making the movement management during those times easier to execute. having us all spread out will only result in a mammoth charging in an unknown direction and no clear direction in which we should all move. Another possibility is that hnts cud pull in these adds to our dps ball (much easier) and then champs just blast off their AOE. we will look into this and have a discussion to see which 1 is more suitable. Also for T2, we will need 2 assign individuals certain positioning just b4 the adds spawn. Basically, we are going to need alot more preparation on this with those individual members.

Anyway, Thanks for posting Smile

PianoTunaPasta

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer9259 Tue May 17, 2011 4:34 am

two different tier 2 videos

boomer9259

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Tue May 17, 2011 5:40 am

That's all fair enough PTP and of course I did always move back to the sun and understand that things will get more interesting at T2. Just need to know whats best or will work and I'll do it, once we work out what is best.

I wonder if it would help to have a single champ with the light group, so if things show up, we can AOE, pull there interest and move them back to the main ball.

Also, on the subject of start time, two things come to mind. Either most ppl thought it was a 8pm start and hence all showed up around the time some do anyway, ie 10mins late. Or, ppl did know it was a bit later start, and it just proves that many need the extra 10-15mins to get there, resulting in an actual start around 10mins early.

With luck it's the later and maybe the start time of 8.30 is the actual raid start, ie all going in, so it's around 10mins earlier that if anyone isn't around, fill ins are looked for. Just a thought.

Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciramorn Tue May 17, 2011 9:18 am

honestly don't compare to t2. the fights are completely different since a lot of the mechanics aren't there on t1.

Ciramorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtime Tue May 17, 2011 12:49 pm

don't be such a negative nancy ciramorn, alot of us have read up on t2 and know the new stuff coming in. There is still value in practicing t1 like its t2 as other kins have failed on t2 because they never practiced it properly (ITT: council of eriador and prism both failed t2 trees for this EXACT reason).

In other news: Last nights raid was very promising guys, we're not 'there' yet but if we can keep improving like we did last night we will go from strength to strength!

See you this friday for return to disease and wound!

Jtime

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciramorn Wed May 18, 2011 8:06 am

Jtime wrote:don't be such a negative nancy ciramorn, alot of us have read up on t2 and know the new stuff coming in. There is still value in practicing t1 like its t2 as other kins have failed on t2 because they never practiced it properly (ITT: council of eriador and prism both failed t2 trees for this EXACT reason).
you're misunderstanding what i'm saying. i'm saying don't try to go by t2 strats for t1 since the fights can potentially be very different (even the disease trash pulls are fairly different when you compare the tiers). nothing negative about it.

Ciramorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtime Wed May 18, 2011 8:19 am

You'll have to elaborate on the individual mechanics of the pulls then cira - as i still don't understand you. Afaik the pulls in t2 disease wing and t1 disease have the same mob composition, the difference being the mobs are considerably stronger. Correct me if i am wrong.

We have practiced the trash pulls and boss fights as if it would be t2, so unless the mobs gain new abilities and or change in numbers etc then i still see merit in the philosophy we have.

Jtime

Back to top Go down

Post  Deceneu Sat May 21, 2011 4:16 am

I want to apologies for my tardiness Sad I had such a rough night (some personal problems kept me up all night and morning) and because of that went to sleep around 4 AM so I wasn't able to wake up in due time.

I'm sorry again and I really hope it won't happen again.

Deceneu

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychobabble Sat May 21, 2011 5:00 am

that' ok dec, stuff happens Smile. given that it's a 2 part raid, we'll be going in with the same group on sunday, you're welcome to come along next week though ofc!

Psychobabble

Back to top Go down

Post  Bainin Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Watcher 28th June 2011

Well, we got the watcher last night after our 3rd attempt. We had one PUG hunter who needed a few pointers before we got it right.

Apart from that, As tank, I found myself just removing corruptions, self healing as I could and avoiding AOE. It seems a natural role for the tank to call the Watcher AOE to the raid group as it's the main thing the're watching for and the main tank isn't that busy.

Otherwise, On the thrird run when we where actually sucessfull, Marsi (Earval) went down initailly off the first watcher attacks, being hit three times. I had a "frey the edge" taunt on the watcher but hadn't used anything else before he resurfaced. I wonder can the watcher be effected by other taunts or force taunts whilst he's under water? he seems to bob up for just a moment then just submerge? If not heavy healing as the watcher initially becomes active could pull threat off the main tank who can't target or melee him as he's underwater.

Cheers,

Bainin

Bainin

Back to top Go down

Post  Talas Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:14 am

From what I have read you are able to start grabbing the Watcher attention once he starts to bobble up from water... if you wait till he is fully surfaced it's often too late =)

Talas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down